Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rewards

Its been a long weekend! Went down to Megs house to paint the nursery for Baby J. It was this deep chocolate brown. Meg is going with a "You are my sunshine theme" its adorable! So she choose this light Yello to paint the room. We needed to do 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint to cover the brown. Then we needed to paint the ceiling... it was very tiring. In between all that paint drying we took a trip to Ikea, painted furniture, moved doors, and got really awesome massage this AM. After spending time with meg, it makes me want to push back my move date. but i've decided to not be so black and white with this. I don't feel like i need to have this hard stop in place. I'd like to set more reachable goals so i'm not mega stressed.

Today is about goals and rewards. Something i love to do is create and design.. so i figured for my first Reward i would start to do a little design of the room i will be staying in at Tessa's. If this is my reward then i think i should have a pretty surmountable project that i need to complete first. I thought the implementation of our Inventory management system would be a good one. I believe i know what i will recommend we use, then it will just be checking in the inventory and converting the build assemblies. Its a big one and will allow me to have a milestone behind me as well as provide proper motivation to work weeknights and weekends.



Post Script:

When we were down at Meg's this weekend. She said she didn't approve of me moving away. That when her and Kate moved, it was for school had a set end date. They said i can live anywhere in between the 2 of them but not farther in any direction. ... gotta love that.

Meg thinks it to early, my parents think i'm doing it for a guy. I can't say that i've sat all of them down and tried to explain it... but to be honest, no one has asked. they hear about it from someone else and then make all the assumptions in the world. how nice it would be to have a conversation about it, not a lecture or persuasion on why i shouldn't go or push it back... an actual conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment