Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Adams

My ability to blog has been speratic. I've had some really bad days in telling people i plan on moving and some really negative feed back from friends and family. However today there is a ray of hope.. or just a small nudge of encouragement i should say, and it came from an un-likely source. The Adams.

for small background M. Adams and my father worked together back in the 70's they had remained close and both of the adams have been like our second set of parents. They live about 20 minutes away, and our families have had dinner at least once a week for as long as i can remember.

My parents are down at Meg's this weekend getting ready for the arrival of baby J. So K. Adams called me yesterday and invited me over for dinner and a movie at their house tonight. I accepted and went to their house around 5pm. After perhaps 3 minutes of me being in the house, and 2 minutes of being settled with a drink in my hand, M. asked me "So when are you thinking of moving" i sighed.. he got defensive saying it wasn't criticism and i told him that my sigh was more regarded to my parents (because i had not told them that i was moving so clearly one of my parents spilled).

After another minute i answered and explained that my timeline is in flux, but that i was hoping for October... seeming less likely now. They asked a few more questions, about what i would do out there, about my aunt if she is still in the cooking business and if i could work with her, they asked if Kate was coming out with me, which i had to answer 'no' and they stated 'this isn't for a boy' which was the best part. They knew it wasn't, they didn't assume like everyone else.

They were happy for me, for taking a risk, for putting myself out there and for going after what would make me happy. K. later told me about this presentation she saw, about how "Life as a Dash" i asked if it refereed to what life would be life for a "-". She said its about how short life is, and how you have to seek after your passions and the things that make you happy.

it was the first encourage words i've received from NJ about this, and it honestly makes me feel relief

No comments:

Post a Comment